If you're a 'non-economist' and you've ever wanted to spend the day with Australia Institute chief economist Richard Denniss learning how to decode political spin and economic nonsense -- this is your chance.
Economics is everywhere in the public debate, but economists are not. So much of what political leaders say relates to the economy, but so few of them say anything of real substance. Most community advocates, like most politicians, are not economists but most advocates, unlike most politicians, feel uncomfortable talking about things in which they are not expert.
This course is designed to decode political spin and economic nonsense, and unpack economics for progressive advocacy.
10am - 4pm, ???
Cost: $295 (incl. GST), lunch included
Richard Denniss is the chief economist at the Australia Institute and the author of Econobabble
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Your place in the masterclass is not confirmed until payment has been received in full.
- All information is correct at time of publication. The Australia Institute reserves the right to make changes to the advertised program information. If this occurs, we will endeavour to provide as much advance notice as possible.
- If the Australia Institute needs to cancel the masterclass, we will provide as much notice as possible. Under these circumstances we will either offer an alternative class or refund the fee in full. Travel and other attendant costs will not be covered.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any loss, damage or expense sustained by students as a result of an event or circumstance whether arising from natural cause, human agency or beyond our control otherwise.
- It is our expectation that all masterclass attendees act respectfully and thoughtfully towards all participants and masterclass tutor. We reserve the right to remove any participant who behaves in an aggressive or disruptive manner. If a participant is asked to leave the class on this basis, no refund will be offered.
Canberra, ACT 2601
Google map and directions